Wednesday, August 20, 2008

QWERTY Connections

Two links have been added to My Blog List on the front page of Red Stick Writer. If you have a few extra moments when you visit here, do yourself a favor and visit these linked pages. I call them QWERTY connections because they are top of the heap just like the letters on the keyboard.

One page is for Erin Peterson Art, which belongs to one of my twin daughters. She is a nationally certified art teacher who mentors other teachers and exposes some lucky fifth graders in my home country of Louisiana to the joys of artistic creation. Her paintings are displayed for your enjoyment and available for purchase. There are also some fun examples of some creations by her students. Additionally, she provides some interesting blogging regarding teaching, life in the arts, and the culture of the Bayou State. If you stop by, be sure to leave a note and tell her that her dad sent you.

The other page is the entrance to Christine Harris's Photo Galleries. It has been my pleasure to work with her for nearly 10 years now. This good friend was kind enough to serve as one of the readers of my agent-needy novel. Two of her photos have graced the Red Stick Writer page. From the splendor of spring blooms to cute shots of pets to awe-inspiring landscapes to interesting views of everyday items, Christine shows us how beautiful our world can be if we just look at things the right way. Leave some breadcrumbs in her guestbook so she'll know your dropped by.

I don't know if life is like a box of chocolates, but I do know that's all I have to say about that. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a regular reader of Nathan Bransford's blog, and I saw your comment mentioning Kansas City, so I thought I'd stop by. I live in Grain Valley,Missouri, and enjoy finding writers in our area. You have a great blog! Please stop by mine for a visit any time you need a laugh. Best wishes to you in all of your endeavors!

RED STICK WRITER said...

Marti, thanks for stopping by and for your kind words. Now you'll have one more person pulling on the rope for your husband. I'm sure you already know that every prayer and every thought is invaluable.

I love your sense of humor. If not for laughter and music, we might as well hang it up.

Wow. It is obvious that more than one vein runs through the mine called Marti. Suck 'em in harmlessly with Queen Klutz and hammer their unsuspecting souls with River of Possibilities.

Please visit me again and stay in touch. I'll do the same. Making your acquaintance has been a pleasure.