Sunday, January 9, 2011

This is Dedicated to the One I Love

It won't be long now.  By the Light:  A Novel of Serial Homicide is only days away from finding its home on the virtual shelves Amazon's Kindle Store.  Take a look below this copy of the cover to see the dedication.


Dedication

I moved from my Louisiana homeland to the Kansas City area on Uncle Sam’s nickel back in 1992. The song says, “They got some crazy little women there and I’m gonna get me one.” Well, I did find one, and I married her. There’s no doubt that she’s crazy because she married me back.

She reads voraciously. Being around her made me read more. Reading more made me finally act on my lifelong dream of writing a novel. Thanks to the Kindle she gave to me for my birthday last February, I have tripled my consumption of books. Becoming a Kindler opened my eyes to the immense possibilities of the e-book market.

For the toughness and courage she has exhibited while going through surgery and chemotherapy for colon cancer over the past year, I salute this wonderful person I get to call my wife. In a couple of years, I’ll be able to spend a lot more time writing instead of hiding out in a bank on weekdays. I’m looking forward to enjoying a long retirement full of the delights she brings to all my days.

In thanks for her love and for inspiring and enabling my greater enjoyment of reading and of writing, I dedicate this book to my Suzie.

Dick Peterson,
December, 2010

No comments: